From PRINCE OF PERSIA creator Jordan Mechner, the original side-scrolling karate classic comes to Steam with art by Jeff Matsuda (The Batman) and music by Grammy-winning composer Christopher Tin (CIVILIZATION IV). Whether you are a nostalgic Karateka fan or new to the game, Karateka will charm you with its classic love story set in feudal Japan. Fight to save the lovely Mariko from the evil warlord Akuma and reunite her with her True Love!
• Rhythm-based combat mechanic. Easy to grasp yet challenging to master, the cinematic gameplay seamlessly blends a series of escalating karate battles with a simple human story.
• Three playable characters. Three endings. Three suitors vie for Mariko’s love: A fearsome Brute, a noble Monk, and her brave True Love.
• Highly replayable. Innovative “three suitors” system offers a compact single-playthrough experience, yet challenges advanced players to unlock more difficult achievements and endings as their skill improves.
• Unique real-time score by Christopher Tin tells the story through the music. Authentic Japanese instruments and themes let you “hear” the onscreen action in real time.
Genre: Action, Indie
Release Date: 03 December, 2012
- OS:Win XP, Win 7, Vista, Win 8
- Processor:1.5GHz dual-core
- Memory:1000 MB RAM
- Graphics:ATI X1800 or better
- Hard Drive:1000 MB HD space
- Sound:44kHz stereo
- Additional:Runs on Unreal Engine 3